Second half of the 25 things to do before you’re 25 list!
14. Think you know yourself until you meet someone better than you.
15. Forget who you are, what your priorities are, and how a person should be.
I think I’ve done this more times than I should have.
16. Identify your fears and instead of letting them dictate your every move, find and talk to people who have overcome them. Don’t settle for experiencing .000002% of what the world has to offer because you’re afraid of getting on a plane.
Currently working on this. Srsly, growing up and being an adult is hard and half the time, I don’t know what I’m doing or what I’m going to do, but I do know that right now I am happy and I am working hard and sometimes, that all you can do in the moment.
17. Make a habit of cleaning up and letting go. Just because it fit at one point doesn’t mean you need to keep it forever — whether ‘it’ is your favorite pair of pants or your ex.
I’ve had bad living experiences and a bad boyfriend experience that for the longest time, just letting it go and forgiving was the last thing I ever thought about doing. Forgiving is hard stuff and at the time, it seemed so much easier to live in sadness and hate. But that got me no where. I can’t tell you the exact moment it happened for either situation, but it just happened that I was able to just let it go. I knew at that moment that something so heavy and burdensome had been taken from me and I felt so much more free than I had for the longest time.
18. Stop hating yourself.
I promise I’m trying.
19. Go out and watch that movie, read that book, listen to that band you already lied about watching, reading, listening to.
20. Take advantage of health insurance while you have it.
OH trust me, I surely am. #problemchild
21. Make a habit of telling people how you feel, whether it means writing a gushing fan-girl email to someone whose work you love or telling your boss why you deserve a raise.
Oh man, this is probably one of the top things I need to work on. I am so afraid of rejection that I just leave it all on the inside.
22. Date someone who says, “I love you” first.
I don’t think I’ve ever said I love you first.
23. Leave the country under the premise of “finding yourself.” This will be unsuccessful. Places do not change people. Instead, do a lot of solo drinking, read a lot of books, have sex in dirty hostels, and come home when you start to miss it.
I think I’d be up for this except the solo drinking would be minimum, and the sex would not be happening. But I’m all for traveling and leaving the country. I’ve got 2 years!
24. Suck it up and buy a Macbook Pro.
Another sign that I need to get a new computer *sigh*
25. Quit that job that’s making you miserable, end the relationship that makes you act like a lunatic, lose the friend whose sole purpose in life is making you feel like you’re perpetually on the verge of vomiting. You’re young, you’re resilient, there are other jobs and relationships and friends if you’re patient and open.
Done, done, and done. People change and I’ve kept those who truly matter to me. I wouldn’t change my life for the world. It is what it is and I have to be thankful for it. And I am.
Okay, so maybe I’ve got some things to work on, but hey, this is awesome advice for really anyone. Living life to the fullest is so important. You gotta do it.
Have you completed everything on this list? What have you got left? What would you add to this?